Dear Valued Clients,
I am very pleased to announce that 5th Invest Mongolia Tokyo has successfully finished on November 24, 2017. The event has attracted about 37 speakers and 280 attendees from 10 countries and 205 organizations.
Invest Mongolia Tokyo aimed to address following opportunities, risks and concerns that have been put forward by the investment communities from Mongolia, Japan and other nations.
Through the presentations and panels, participants have gained the opportunities to understand different angles of approaches from politicians, authorities, banks, lawyers and investors. At the same time, exchanging the ideas with others during breaks and the networking events have been very stimulating for them.
The conference was well received by participants because of following reasons.
First of all, with the implementation of IMF program and the stable currency, the economic condition in Mongolia has started to pick up finally. And, the sense of the bottoming out of the economy were shared both by the authorities in Mongolia and the Japanese investors.
Secondly, the conference was timely because it was held at the time just after the Party Congress of the Mongolian Peoples’ Party has selected Khurelsukh as the head of the party. The fact that the same person will act the party head and the Prime Minister was welcomed by Japanese investors because they believed the policies of the Government will be stable until 2020.
Thirdly, Frontier has successfully invited many key decision makers, opinion leaders and investors to the conference.
So, participants could get the most updated perspectives of
- The strong commitment by Japanese Government through IMF program to Mongolia and the favorable political and economic outlook between Mongolia and Japan in 2018
- The current economic condition in Mongolia, monetary policy of the central bank and the resilience of the economy even with the vulnerability of the coal business.
- The still weak impact of EPA and the necessity to modify it to accommodate the business demands.
- The opportunities and risks for Japanese small to mid-sized corporations to do business in Mongolia.
- The investment opportunities in various sectors (especially in banking, NBFI, mining, telecom and sovereign) in Mongolia.
- The legal developments in Banking and Finance Sector in Mongolia.
- The strong interest by Mongolian Government to improve the investment climate.
Lastly, I would like to thank the supporting organizations. The conference was supported by Government of Mongilia, JICA, JETRO and many others. Also, Melville Erdenedalai, Khangarid Properties, Oriental Invest and others have supported the event. Without their commitments, the conference could not be materialized..
We want to organize the event annually and want to come back to Tokyo in December 2018. So, we welcome more active participation to the event from each of you next year.
Thank you very much for attending the conference.
Please click HERE to view Post Conference Report
Founder & CEO